Chatuchak Weekend Market & Downtown Bangkok

Monday, November 10, 2014 Bangkok, Thailand


Of course a trip to Bangkok wouldn’t be complete without visiting one of the largest weekend markets in the world, the Chatuchak Weekend Market! Tip: Don’t shop in malls. Chatuchak is your shopping spouse and be loyal.
Downtown (13) Downtown (22) Weekend Market (5) Weekend Market (4) Weekend Market (3) Weekend Market (1)  
The place is really HUGE and they have everything you can imagine from animal skulls to thongs!! Even with a limited budget you could buy a lot already, which is why I wasn’t able to take a lot of photos because I was too busy shopping for pasalubong and personal stuff (naks). That’s where I also had my first authentic pad thai (famous Thai food) which is somehow similar to our palabok but better! And I also got to try their pink guavas and mangoes which are so sweet I think I finished 3 servings, hahaha!
  Downtown (1)Grand Palace (45) Downtown (4) Downtown (9) Downtown (10) Downtown (34)  
I loved going around downtown Bangkok. Monks are everywhere and it’s nice to see them walking in malls and commuting in trains and buses. Also, the best thing about coming from a city like Manila is that wherever you go almost everything is a lot better, public transportation-wise.  

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Xiao Long Pao. Design by Fearne.