Noodles for the People

Friday, February 3, 2017 Singapore

I went back to Singapore last year to "tour" my titas aka the #TitasOfSultanKudarat. A lot of our activities were very tourist-y since they were first-timers, so I didn't get to explore the non-touristy places in Singapore. As the itinerary master, I made sure to bring them to my favorite noodle house in Singapore that I've been craving for since I first visited them two years ago.

Singapore 2016

For decades, Seng's Wanton Mee has been serving its famous noodles from a humble hawker stall in Dunam Food Center. After the owner's retirement, The Establishment Group bought the business and trained with the original chef for this new brand in the heart of Chinatown called WANTON.

Singapore 2016

OF COURSE I didn't know any of that until I was about to write this but yeah that's how this place started, hahaha!

Singapore 2016

It's a casual open bar with a modern concept that pays homage to the original wanton mee. Usually full during dinner time, booking a reservation in advance is recommended to ensure your seats. Book here: WANTON

The lunch menu opens at 11:30am until 2:00pm with different sets of noodle bowls while the do-it-yourself combos are only at dinner from 6:00pm to 10:00pm (or 11:00pm on Saturdays).

Singapore 2016

We went during lunch so we only got to enjoy their standard bowls, we didn't know about the lunch/dinner menu at the time.

Singapore 2016

This is one of their bestsellers, the S$7 Char Siew Mee bowl aka aburi slow cooked pork belly with wontons, spring onions, and fried shallots plus a S$2 5-minute egg add-on (the 5-minute egg is da bomb). The bowl looks sad and dry I know but it's so good I had two orders, hahaha!

Also, don't forget to ask the chef what's a good drink to partner your bowl! I personally like craft beers but it's really up to you.

Singapore 2016

Wanton Seng's Noodle Bar is along Amoy Street in Chinatown, just a stone's throw away from Telok Ayer MRT station in the Downtown Line.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Xiao Long Pao. Design by Fearne.